
So I banged out a Lactate test thursday morning before work. Well holy smokes, what a reality check!
I've been riding somewhat regularly since starting working at the shop. Atleast 3x a week with my milage increasing by the week. I wasn't expecting an awesome test as I was off the bike for a while because of the maggies and Fiji but I was hoping that some sort of Natural Talent would come through and save me of any embarrassment in front of my new boss! But lets get real! I haven't trained properly since June/July '03!
The test started good with my lactate levels being within very good range at 100 watt resistance. And again at 150 watt resistance and again at 200 watt resistance. But then we hit the + button which knocked the resistance to 250. HELLO! Something is happening here! My legs are starting to hurt and my breathing starting to get audible! Bam! 300 hits and within a minute I am blowing out of all holes crying like a little girl while my boss tells me to hold it for another 4 minutes. Somehow find a way to finish the step while keeping my cadence up. The last minute was the most excruciating thing ever. I was shaky most of the morning after that effort! After reviewing my results the first words out of my boss' mouth were 'You're really unfit eh!' with a worried tone on his face! He explained to me that I basically missed an entire step in my lactate production. Indicative of someone who has been off the bike for a very long time! Not to bore you totally, but my levels went form 2.8 units straight to 7.8 units. Someone with talent or in shape would of had a 3-4 in between!
But hey! gotta start somewhere and right now its weight loss time. And thats going awesome. Jeans no longer fit and I've kissed the 180lbs mark good bye.
Tomorrow is a 200k day with a massive hill at 150 and 'Samford Range' @ 180.
Oh yeah. Not sure if I mentioned this yet, but I will not be going to the TDU to see Lance as it doesn't work logistically for my boss. I will, however, be going to Tasmania and Melbourne for some Lady Racing as team wrench over the holidays. Much easier work! BOO YAH!
No comments:
Post a Comment