Speaking of work, if anyone out there is considering some new bike toys, Dura Ace 7900 is pretty awesome. We got 3 of the first 10 groups in Maggie Land and already sold both. I am proud to have installed the new group my self. Tuned awesome and felt even better. Oh yeah, I also had to go for my morning pewk between setting up the shifters and and wiring the babe up. I hope the gears shifted ok!
It was a long night with the Boss for the 'Boys Christmas Dinner'. Oysters, outrageously expensive bottles of wine and a bottle of equally expensive Bourbon. Man did we feel awesome in the morning!
The week on the bike was reasonable. All the storms made it easy for me to call off my rides in the morning and stay in bed. Fortunately, a big ride on Sunday brought the numbers back up. Rode up the Gold Coast to this awesome yacht Marina. 30 of us got going on a century ride. Some little coffee shop opened just for us (our clients anywho) and I paid way too much for coffee and raisin toasts. YIPPI! Had a cross/tail wind getting there which was nice but the afternoon brought some pretty nasty cross wind gusts in some less protected sections. The weather was great other than the wind, a very mild 22-25.
The Tan lines are back! Riding tomorrow and then a Lactate Test with the boss on Thursday morning before work. A huge 200km ride this sunday. We'll see how I fare without my usual Sustained Energy supplements but if the legs feel like the Gold coast ride, I should be alright.
Linds and I drove down to Surfers today. Just a few Kms from where I was yesturday at Runaway Bay. Not a huge fan of the place. Jock capital of the world. But Linds wanted some beach time. Had a good day despite the wind on the beach later in the afternoon. Had a few beers, walked around and had a quick bite to eat at this little place just off the strip.
This week we have the 'Everybody Christmas Dinner'. Probably be similar to the 'Boys Christmas' dinner. Although, I hope the bottle of Bourbon stays out of the game.
Anywho, it's bed time. Riding at 530 tomorrow
2 comments:
P'tit Jean - my Noah s/b here in the next couple of weeks (bare frame) - D'you think the 7900 is worth the coin. Quite an upcharge from 7800.
BTW I'll hopefully be out on the winter bike tomorrow cause we're actually hovering around freezing.
Bastard! and I mean that most affectionately.
Cheers
Wanna B
Wanna B, happy to hear you are keeping to your hardcore riding away!
I've only been limited to a test ride but the new 79 is quite nice. The new directional chain (with quick link i might add) offers super smooth shifting. They also did a GREAT job on the shape of the lever. Much better suited to a natural hand position while also giving you loads to hang on to. The brakes feel super positive, but I imagine you will be using your 666's.
The cable routing is also much cleaner and hey! Carbon levers never took style points away!
I am not sure what the $$$ difference is but if the economic meltdown didn't affect your early (age 45) retirement too much, I would certainly go for it.
Style Man over and out!
Post a Comment