MAN THESE GUYS ARE HOT! No really! They are dudes!It's official. Linds and I will have a stamp from Thailand in our passports in 2009! Too bad my passport will expire soon after and my fancy stamps will be lost in a drawer somewhere! But lets worry about that in December '09!
The other super amazing part to the Thai trip is that we managed to push it back far enough to give me a chance to be Mechanish/Ride Guide at the TDU 2009 for the MB coaching trip. I hope Ted V. is a regular reader of my blog! Just incase he has forgotten about my interest in giving him a helping hand. I will now have experience! Long story short, I expressed interest in assisting him and his crew to ride the Tour de Swiss 2009. It's a long shot being half way across the world, but who wouldn't want to have this guy riding/working with them in switzerland? I love Raclette!
My boss had the other Machanish in mind because my travel dates were supposed to be earlier, but apparently it is lots of hard work out there and since all the big shot clients are at the TDU the shop is virtually dead. But a full weeks wages+all expenses paid to watch Fancy Pants Lance race, clean a few bikes and ride 100+k daily. I'll have suffer through it... I guess...
Anywho, now that most of you feel better about your lives because I have it quite hard Down Under, no pun intended, I will outline a short itinerary.
Day 1-45. Rent 125cc motor bike. Listen to Indiana jones tune on Ipod (without helmet ofcourse) while speeding through the jungle. Avoid Thai ParaMilataries with machineguns and grenades. Wheelie through danger and return ancient artifacts to Bangkok Museum of Archeology.
Day 46. Return to Australia.
But if I manage to get all that done within a few days because my Bermuda Scooter riding skillz make me too fast for the local bad mons, the plan should be as follows.
Lindsay to hangout for 18 days while we do the beaches and islands in the southern regions. Linds plans on getting her Open Water PADI beforehand so we can explore some of the under water treasures. Once we've had enough relaxing I imagine we will venture north and soak up some culture while we try to avoid lady boys!
Day 18 Linds leaves, I venture further North. I hear sleeping in the tribal villages is pretty cool. Might travel down the Mekong River for a little, while heading east. If the funds are looking good, I might take a peek down in Cambodia for a few days.
I will post a detailed Itinerary once I've checked out my Lonely Planet Guide and reviewed a list of missing artifacts.
Anywho, thats about it for now. And oh... the other cool thing about thailand is the exchange rate. For the first time in my life I will have some good coin to my name. I plan on spending, oh you know.. hundred thou or so. Give or take 10-20,000. Pff.. Chump change! BALLLLLIN'!
A millionaire in my own mind!
No comments:
Post a Comment