Friday, December 19, 2008

Nebo Challenge

Tomorrow is the semi annual Mt. Nebo Challenge.  It's set up as a handicap race which keeps it interesting for all of our clients.  There are 70 odd entries and there is a 35 minute handicap between first and last over 18kms.  

Should be fun, picked up some race wheels for the event.  More of a publicity/advertising thing for the boss than any actual advantage but I am not complaining.  Set of Zipp 404 tubs.  They were fast on the way home!  The last guy, a strong US pro, reckons (my new Ozzie language) he can bang out 36 minutes if he is feeling good.  I rode it with a friend of mine thursday and rode 52 minute cruising.  I'll be happy going 45 minutes.  If the weather is good the sub 40 guys might catch me early giving me a chance to tempo the hill so who knows!

Its gonna be an awesome day.  Christmas Party tomorrow night with over 150 rsvps.  No ride sunday but my kms will be over 300 after tomorrow.  A good week in my books.

Talk soon!

No comments: