First Australian race after all that talk last year! Got cold feet for nothing! 'A' grade race was a 'piece of piss'! Equivalent to Cat 1/2. Mazza is a crit track which wasn't designed to be very technical. All corners are easy to pedal through at high speeds. That being said, there was still a knarly crash today with 2 to go. A handful of people down and 80% of peoples' race over.
Rode top 10/15 wheels the whole race. Sat up like a pussy everytime I came to the front. But todays goal was to finish and see where my legs stacked up with the likes of Southern Hemispherers. Acting like a tough guy to gain form is for next week. Unfortunately the crash with 2 to go really messed up my flow. Gave my sprint up to bridge back up to the front. The fitness is there to hang in until the end. 50 minute crit. High 40 avr speed. Happy with the legs!
So riding my high all day, I basically signed up for the up coming tour de Tweed. 4 stages, 3 days. Also includes a Dash for Cash on the first night. 600meter street sprints. Can you say Zip X front street races?! YAH DAMN! I'm no pure sprinter, but the things I would do for a little more cash! The rest of the race is characterized as very hilly! AWESOME! I'm not expecting much, other than an awesome racing weekend, but I'm hoping to acquire some form .
Anywho, other than that, the training is getting better by the week and the fire for racing is back. Hurting sucks but Phuck does racing quick ass! Some guy tried to take my wheel with 1 lap to go, giving me the shoulder and elbow in a corner going 50kmh. Gave it to him back and could do nothing but smile! Sorry SUCKA! This guys 80kilos! Go move the skinny guy 3 wheels back!
Charity ride tomorrow and some intense hill cramming for next week. Wish me luck. Enjoy the fancy tan lines and the new kit.
BTW those are small bibs and medium jersey! Next best to a skin suit!
BOOYAH!
No comments:
Post a Comment