Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ozzie Aerial Bomber and My First Taste of Winter in 365 days



Cock-a-Phucking-too. Sounds like a terradactyl, has a beak which would snap a piece of rebarb steel clean in half and has terrible instincts when it comes to facing off with a group of 20 cyclist mid effort charging at 45km/h.
CHARGE FOR THE CANUCK AT THE FRONT!
CHRIST!
This yelling prehistoric sounding bird had his sights on my red Oakley's. Of course everyone had a great laugh while I shat my self for the second time. I avoided it at the last second, as I hugged my top tube and shouted all types of obscenities at my second assassination attempt. Australias airforce has been quite adamant at forcing me to leave the country. Hopefully the birds leave my airplane alone as I leave the southern hemisphere in August.
Other than that, the riding was good last week. Although the kms were only decent the quality was again very high. 250 for the weekend. 350 for the week not including Sunday. Tons of hills and speed. Sunday was Tamborine Mtn. Great climb and had good legs despite the hard ride on Saturday. My form isn't quite where it needs to be to start calling the shots in races, but then again, I'm not sure I've ever called the shots! Wheel surfing and pipping you at the line are my specialty! Purchased some wheels this week. Not my first, second or third choice, but these rising prices are really limiting my very limited budget. Went with Bonti's Aeolus 6.5, Sprinter tubs and a Record Cassette. Interestly, my bike wheel budget is over twice my new car budget! At least I got my priorities right!
The weather is getting mega cold. The afternoons are still beautiful, although I wouldn't know. Sweat Shop rules don't allow us to leave during the day. But the mornings between 5-9am are cold as heck. Today was especially bad as we rode inland towards Tamborine. Fog and that breath steam. Good thing I left my booties, long weather gear in Canada. It's really helpful in my probably flooding basement!
Anywho, not riding tomorrow morning. Big sleep in until 8am or something!
Happy Mothers Day!

No comments: